Terms and Conditions
1 This is a competition for a copy of THE PLAYFAIR CRICKET ANNUAL 2015 signed by Joe Root. To enter, please complete the entry form above.
2. The Winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions The Winner shall be selected by a
3. The Winner may see their entry posted on the Playfair and Headline websites
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens at 12:01 am BST on Friday 12th June 2015 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on August 31st 2015. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over in the UK and Ireland except employees of COMPANY, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the Winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. COMPANY is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. COMPANY reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The Winner will be published on the Playfair Website w/c 7th September 2015
11. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
12. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. This competition is being organised by Headline Publishing Group, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
14. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
THINGS TO NOTE AND ADDITIONAL CLAUSES:
A. The above does not provide for any runners up prizes. If you have any eg signed copies, please add the following clauses duly numbered as appropriate
There are HOW MANY runner up prizes of WHAT
The runners up will be drawn after the Winner.
Provide for the runners up in the rest of the clauses by saying “The Winner and Runners up …” and make the grammar into the plural where necessary.
B. If there is more than one winner please make the above terms refer to “Winners” in the plural and amend the grammar accordingly.
C. If the competition involves creative work like a trailer, 100 words on a subject, making something and so forth, please add the following clauses after Clause 7 above, duly numbered as appropriate:
By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) the submission contains the entrant’s own original work; (ii) nothing in the submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right; (iii) any music used is original to the entrant or there is written permission from the original creator. We reserve the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
By entering the competition, you hereby grant to COMPANY an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, license to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use Your Entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all medium now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, Company is under no obligation to make any use of Your Entry and Company shall make no payment to you for any use of Your Entry.
We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
D. If the prize involved attending somewhere e.g. at the Hay Festival the make clear what is or is not included. Consider travel expenses, accommodation, meals and other incidental expenses. If nothing is to be included then say so. If the prize has any element of risky (travel, strenuous activity, other activity that could call loss, damage or injury), please include the following language: Winners may be asked to execute waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
E If the prize involves travel eg tickets to New York please make clear exactly what is or is not included:
How many tickets?
Specified travel dates?
Travel expenses to and from airport?
Hotel? What star?
Any meals? Breakfast?
Also make it clear that visas and insurance are the responsibility of the winner.
F If the competition is going to be for children under 16 please add that the entrant should have consent from their parent or guardian and that we may ask for their details in order to verify this. You must ask for this when the competition is for children under 13 so that you don’t send them anything without their parent/guardian being aware. Also please create a way of checking their age and also for them to opt into newsletters etc (as opposed to opting out).
Enter the name of the company (eg Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, little Brown Book Group Ltd.)
If you require the public to purchase something – for example a pre-order copy of the book – please contact legal for guidance.